Random Questions

General Questions and Help

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Random Questions

Postby Beren » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Its my first time playing this game and I think you should have your wiki way more complete.

First of, I couldn't login in the forum until I though, maybe its because the login form is case sensitive on both password and name, and it was that. And dudes, that's lame! I can only wonder the amount of people that failed login and never did in fact log in the forum because all the message they were receiving was "You need a password to login" when in fact it was the first letter of the username that need to be a major one.

Just because the wiki doesn't answer some of my questions, I will place them in here. And I hope you don't mind that.

1. How does the dwarf benefit with the underground city garrisoning? I once read somewhere in the forum that the dwarfs had that bonus, but I don't understand how exactly that works.

2. Is there a way to make orders go by day? That would be a major upgrade that would make the game soo much powerful. I mean, I do want to conquer a territory, but my army's status is so low, so I need to make them rest and then conquer! But the bad thing is that I will lose one turn just to be able to make my troops rest, when they were actually fully rested at the day 20. So I just lost 10 days, you add that to the amount of times similar things happen and you just lost a year!

3. Another thing.. What is the math behind the power of an army and the time needed to capture? That is, if there is any relation. And if there is, how much power do I need to conquer a territory with X Population in 10 days? That would be precious for me.

And a bug, I clicked colonize just to understand what that button should do, and a message appeared "Are you sure? This can't be undone". So, out of the two buttons on that form I clicked the "Cancel" one (the other was "yes") and the action still went forth. :s

I'm using Chrome by the way, if that may help you understand the bug.

Re: Random Questions

Postby psantos » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Beren, first of all, welcome to Almansur. We welcome all suggestions and critics to improve the game and wiki.

Answering your questions:

1- The "benefict" is automatically. Non-friends cannot see the size of the army inside a Underground City (UC), so they havo to attack blindly. On the other hand, rumors say that Lands controllling adjacent UCs can move troops between them, even if there are enemy armies on the surface...

2- Orders by day were a feature of Almansur 1.0, but was chopped in Almansur 2.x, because the game was too complex for beginning players (the orders interface was more complex). We are planning to bring it back as preference option for premium players.

3- The number of days needed to conquer a territory without a fortress is roughly equal to the total population of the territory (multiplied by their loyalty) divided be the army power/5 (multiplied by their status ). The result will then be affected by the difficulty of the terrain, so it will take longer to subdue the same number of inhabitants of a high mountain than it would in plains. This formula is a recent change in Almansur 2.2, so the wiki is still outdated, as was written for version 2.1 . I will update it.

Regarding the bug, that is strange. We will investigate. I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, just ask.

Postby Beren » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Thank for the quick answer, that info will be precious.

By the way, what can you tell me about my lost army ? It was on this turn so maybe you could do something.

I did click cancel after I pressed the colonize button. I was only trying to find out what that button was for, and still the engine didn't read my order to cancel and went forth.

I don't remember the army name, but I know it was garrisoned and I know it was only around 300 units, but I lost some damn good soldiers, heavy infantry and I'm in a situation that requires more army than I already have right now, and they were expensive.

If you could check in my list of actions the time that I used the colonize button and get the info regarding that army and replace it before this turn ends, then that wouldn't be cheating, just restoring an action that happened due to a bug.

Thank you.

Postby Beren » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Ok, you clearly have a bug on your buttons.

This time it was on the "Divide Army" and "Split" buttons.

Divide army is working as "Join" although it asks me for a name for the new army. When I try to make a new army out of a contingent, it asks for the name for the new army and after I choose, it gives me this message: "Failed to join 1 contingents!".
On the other hand, when I tried to make a new army out of two contingents, the engine just joined both, ruining the experience I had in one of the contingents.

Split is also working as "Join", and gives me the same error message after I choose the size of the new contingent. I know how to use split, and I had only one contingent selected.

Postby psantos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Beren wrote:I did click cancel after I pressed the colonize button. I was only trying to find out what that button was for, and still the engine didn't read my order to cancel and went forth.

I think this explains it. When you click the "colonize" button, the browser sends the request to the server. Clicking on "cancel" then has no effect, because the request was already being processed...

Postby psantos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Beren wrote:Ok, you clearly have a bug on your buttons.

This time it was on the "Divide Army" and "Split" buttons.

Divide army is working as "Join" although it asks me for a name for the new army. When I try to make a new army out of a contingent, it asks for the name for the new army and after I choose, it gives me this message: "Failed to join 1 contingents!".
On the other hand, when I tried to make a new army out of two contingents, the engine just joined both, ruining the experience I had in one of the contingents.

Split is also working as "Join", and gives me the same error message after I choose the size of the new contingent. I know how to use split, and I had only one contingent selected.

Can you please give what OS and browser you were using?

BTW, when joining contingents, the experience is not lost. The experience of the new contingent is the weighted average of the old contingents. The visualization is rounded, thought.

Postby Herman Von Salza » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Food for armies.

Do I need to have enough food to feed the army already in storage at the end of the turn? What I mean is if I have a large production let's say 20 000 food per turn and a small army lets say it requires only 1000 food per turn. BUT i sell ALL my food before the end of the turn. Will they starve because there is no food or will it be taken away from the production? Or maybe they feed on the food on a daily basis and you need something for first days but as it comes in it can keep feeding them?

Recently run into a situation where an army was starving despite a large production value, though the stores towards the end of the turn were usually pretty empty :oops: So, how does it work guys?

Postby psantos » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Herman Von Salza wrote:Food for armies.

Do I need to have enough food to feed the army already in storage at the end of the turn? What I mean is if I have a large production let's say 20 000 food per turn and a small army lets say it requires only 1000 food per turn. BUT i sell ALL my food before the end of the turn. Will they starve because there is no food or will it be taken away from the production? Or maybe they feed on the food on a daily basis and you need something for first days but as it comes in it can keep feeding them?

Recently run into a situation where an army was starving despite a large production value, though the stores towards the end of the turn were usually pretty empty :oops: So, how does it work guys?

This is one of the things that changed from version 2.1 to 2.2. Now, food is sent to the armies AFTER production. And when you recruit, you also pay food for 1 turn consumption, which means that armies are supplied at the end of the turn for the next turn.

To answer your question, now you can have zero food in storage at the end of the turn, as long as you have enough production to feed your army.

New Games?

Postby Herman Von Salza » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:17 am

I noticed a slew of six kingdom games but is there going to be a larger one starting any time soon? Either Fantasy or the Holy land would be good cause I have had enough Hispania for the moment.

Re: New Games?

Postby psantos » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Herman Von Salza wrote:I noticed a slew of six kingdom games but is there going to be a larger one starting any time soon? Either Fantasy or the Holy land would be good cause I have had enough Hispania for the moment.

We are preparing a new version of the Holy Land Scenario to launch after the summer. But a large fantasy scenario is now starting.

Next

Return to The Tavern