timing of upkeep, upgrades and production

General Questions and Help

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

timing of upkeep, upgrades and production

Postby Thurdrak » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 am

I've some questions regarding the timing of upkeep, upgrades and production.

1) When are the upgrades to your facilities applied? At the beginning of your turn or at the end? E.g. on turn 5 I have a farm producting 2000 food, which upgrades next turn to produce 2500 food. Do I have 2000 or 2500 food at the beginning or at the end of turn 6?

2) When is the upkeep due? At the beginning or at the end or on a daily basis? To continue my example above - Lets assume I have an unit with 2500 food upkeep. Am I 500 food short at the beginning of the turn, or is it a fine and even 0 food at the end of the turn?

3) On a more general note, can you please explain the order of production, upgrades and upkeep? Is it at start of day 1 the amount available in store + monthly production and at the end of day 30 amount in store + upgrade - upkeep?

Thanks a lot

Re: timing of upkeep, upgrades and production

Postby Tigger » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

Hi!

Good question - would help me, too.

In general ... could anyone please update the (english) Wiki? It seems to be quite outdated and incomplete!!

Thanks a lot
Tigger

Re: timing of upkeep, upgrades and production

Postby psantos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Good questions, indeed.

1) Internally, Almansur events work on a daily base, but upkeep and production occur at the end of a turn.

This means that if a facility finishes its upgrade in the middle of a turn, it will produce with the new values in the production phase that occurs at the end of the turn.

It also means that if you capture a enemy farm at the end of a month, the enemy gets no food from that farm. You will also get a reduced output due to the low stability of the territory.

2,3) The order in Almansur 2.2 is

-process days
-production
-upkeep

So is okay to have 0 food at the beginning of the turn, as long as your production covers your expenses. But also note that an army without food at the end of a month, will suffer penalties for the whole of Next month, even if you buy food meanwhile (because the new food only arrives in the army at the end of the turn).

Return to The Tavern