Infamous bug reporting

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

3 assaults, but only 2 detail reports ?

Postby jpluis » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:42 am

On the game "War of the thrones II",
I ordered 3 "Conquer" (Assaults) with 3 separate armies on LR300:

Code: Select all
--- extract from reports ----
27, Dec, 1000   Vulcania 17    We participated in an assault on LR300, but we were repulsed with 99 casualties.
17, Dec, 1000   Vulcania 28    We participated in an assault on LR300, but we were repulsed with 400 casualties. Details
02, Dec, 1000   Vulcania 1    We participated in an assault on LR300, but we were repulsed with 306 casualties. Details

It is weird that only the first 2 assaults give me any details.
What has happened on the third and last assault ?

PS: Regarding the undocumented assault mechanics, which is best way to assault ? Assault with one big army, or many assaults of smaller ones ? The enemy strength appears to decay after each assault, but I cannot figure out how much.

Re: 3 assaults, but only 2 detail reports ?

Postby psantos » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 pm

The army "Vulcania 17" had by any chance less than 100 men? Because there are no detailed reports involving action with less than 100 men.

Regarding your other question, there is no easy answer (as is usual in Almansur :) ). When you declare an assault, N soldiers from the assaulting armies are selected from the contingents and fight (N = 1500 + fortress level). Then the survivors are merged back into the contingents where they come from. This means that contingents get their status lowered (and their experience increased) for the next assault.

If you divide your army into N soldiers groups and assault once with each, you'll have always fresh armies assaulting. But you need a large initial army to do this...

Also it may be a good strategy to have a more Ranged-heavy army in the first assaults to attrition the enemy down, and then assault with elite infantry...

Re: 3 assaults, but only 2 detail reports ?

Postby jpluis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:15 pm

psantos wrote:The army "Vulcania 17" had by any chance less than 100 men? Because there are no detailed reports involving action with less than 100 men.

I think it had exactly 100 men (I am not sure by now, as one unit might have died during travel). Anyway, it would be nice if the game explained it.

PS: It would be nice if anyone fixed the wiki, as all the unit capabilities are shown as URL links that we have to explicit copy&paste to see that.

Return to The Dungeon