Postby windock » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Consider following scenario:

1) 2 lands (A and B) are in friendship relations
2) A moves his armies to territory of B
3) A changes diplomatic relations with B to peace
4) B cannot move armies to territory of A
5) A still has armies on territory of B

This is real-life scenario in my game.
Is this intended to be so? Does A have ability to move armies on territory of B? What will happen to armies after declaration of war?

For example, in Civilization after 3) or imaginot 6) - declaration of war, armies of A are moved outside of borders of B.

Re: Armies on peace territories after being friendship ones

Postby psantos » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

This is intended. In Almansur there is no "army teleporting".

Note that if you go to Diplomacy -> Status on the web interface, or double-click on a land on the map while on Diplomacy view, you are taken to a screen where you can control what you share with your friend, and the size of armies you allow on your territory.

After peace is declared, no further movement of A inside B is allowed without a war declaration by either side.

Note that due to a bug, there is a case where ordering movement that passes over a neutral territory will automatically cause a war declaration.

i hope this helps.

Postby Woah » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 pm

So that is the "infamous" auto declaration of war bug.. :P

Something that happened on my TOW game that I was wondering if it was a bug or not was that when my armies moved into uncontrolled territories (on the initial conquests), if by chance another player's armies were also on that territory, they would engage in battle and an automatic declaration of war would be issued.

So basically the idea I got was that the armies of lands at peace with one another consider each other as enemies and will fight if on the same territory and at least one of them has an offensive order (conquer, battle..), wasn't sure if it that behaviour was a bug or not tho :)

Postby psantos » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:20 pm

If I remember correctly, the rules of engagement between neutral units is that war is only declared if both are trying to conquer the same territory...

Postby Woah » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Not a bug then, since thats what likely happened, weird when you engage in war with an land you couldn't even see at the start (due to the black parts of the map) as happened to me this time but I guess it spices the play up some as well :P

Postby windock » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks for replies. So friendship gives great opportunity to lock and quickly conquer your friend. I think, would be more realistic, if peace cannot be accepted if there are armies on territory, but only friendship and war.

Return to The Round Table