Almansur Battlegrounds II (feedback)

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Almansur Battlegrounds II (feedback)

Postby lost » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:49 pm

well as an "old" player returning from a long break I felt the game a little disappointing because I see very little evolution. From the point I left, 1.5 years ago, the only improvements I see are the routine for assaults its looks good and finally the food consumption nevertheless the movements game mechanic its very poor.

About ABII, I have joined and I feel the game to unbalanced towards food production meaning the player who + territories will win. Nothing against this, but to have a decent game you need at least 7-8 territories which make you extremely vulnerable to militia attacks. Meaning quality of troops have little to do but what counts its just numbers and new players are just overcome by old players using wisely militia.

Why you just simple take out militia out of game?

In my opinion the growth of a province should be slow at start and everyone should have time to "feel" the game. Some games have a secure time meaning you can grow build province, grow/train army and looks for allies before engaging battle. To be honest the worst part of this game is to wait for 2 weeks or more to play a decent game and be killed on the fist 3-4 turns because you forgot something. I would make a time 4-5 initial were you couldn't engage in war with now one.

Also diplomatic relation are a mess to much confusing (especially ally friend) and the fact of sharing maps and all completely ruins all surprise factor. The fun of this games was to make surprises attacks and doesn't make any sense to see everything that all allies see.

Maybe even army sigh would change with time, 3 army men would only be able to see almost nothing while 1K would be able to see 1 square around him or whatever.

This is my short feedback and since I don't see any post on this forum nor any bugs report etc I have one question:

Is this the final Almansur design or you guys still developing?

Like I said it was a little sad to return after so long time and see so little changes and worst I see the game very little active. Just take a look at the numbers of posts on this forums

Cheers

Re: Almansur Battlegrounds II (feedback)

Postby psantos » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:53 pm

lost wrote:well as an "old" player returning from a long break I felt the game a little disappointing because I see very little evolution. From the point I left, 1.5 years ago, the only improvements I see are the routine for assaults its looks good and finally the food consumption nevertheless the movements game mechanic its very poor.

You raise a lot of issues on your post. But, there were a lot more changes between version 1 and version 2 of the game. The main objective was to simplify gameplay and improve the interfaces, and to facilitate the entry of new players.

You can now manage all your land from the map flash, for instance. Building facilities, recruiting armies can all be done using the new improved interfaces. There are single-player tutorial games to teach new players how to play.

There was also a considerable effort done in what regards translation of the game into several languages. Besides these new interfaces, there were also considerable changes to gameplay, whose discussion maybe I leave to the players. Just to say that the militia strategy is easily defeatable, exactly because it very expensive in terms of food.

Postby cnm123 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 am

Hi there lost. Long time no see!

I agree with Pedro. Militia may be somehow important at the start of a game, but in later stages food will become an issue and militia will become to expensive in food consumption to be useful.
You also recognized this when you said that "the player with most territories will win". Well, this is usually the case in every game (the stronger wins), but in this case you also know the weakness. The larger the player the most sensible he will be to changes in food production. Just aim a few of his most productive territories and he'll be in trouble.

I also agree that the diplomatic interface is not very clear. Do you have any concrete suggestions to improve it?

Almansur is still in development and will likely be continuously in development. Your suggestions are important for it's development, so keep them coming.

Postby lost » Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Now in turn 26 I have among others a big issue:

On this map 2-3 lands become so big by mostly taking out new lands. They simple put armies close to borders of new lands and take them out in 2-3 turns. All the rest of players need to fight each to grow while this lands only take out new comers taking all fresh land + resources in there capital.

This is wrong very wrong and something needs to be done. Also why new lands always appear on the same side of map?

Meaning if you are a new player in 4-5 turns you disappear because one land with 26 turns and a very big army completely crushes you.

This needs to be reviewed very urgently because it ruins the game for both newcomers and also for players playing there.

In reume why I should fight a hard opponent if i can easily take a newcomers without army and with lands loaded of population?

The easy solution would be to block each new land created by being taken by old provinces.

Return to The Round Table