Assault of Elf capitals with Dwarfs

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Assault of Elf capitals with Dwarfs

Postby windock » Fri May 14, 2010 10:58 am

Has anyone Dwarf assaulted Elf capitals successfully? Dwarf's artillery is about 10% effective in those lands, thus almost useless. Infantry and Elites cannot do any significant damage, since Archers critically lower status during Ranged state.
Does anyone have any advice?

Re: Assault of Elf capitals with Dwarfs

Postby psantos » Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 pm

This should be a very difficult endeavour, as should be the opposite (elfs conquering dwarves).

Probably there will be made a change in the fortress efficiency in dense forests, due to the betatest feedback, regarding these situations.

Re: Assault of Elf capitals with Dwarfs

Postby Herman Von Salza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:26 am

Its a bit of an old question but since it has no reply. Yes I have attacked and taken over a couple of Elven fortresses in a fantasy game (with dwarves), including a fully loaded capital fortress. I had no artillery with me either. It WAS hard. Surprisingly so. It took me three turns because I was not prepared for such a tough fight. But in the end it was doable. My advice is to have a mixture of at least 6k (better 8k) regulars to try and do it. Obviously first wipe out any standing army around the city, and take over a large part of the land to put financial strain on them. Then try to capture the fortress in one go. If you fail to take it in one turn you may be facing a fully resupplied fortress in the next turn so it is better to get everything in place before starting, even if this takes 2-3 turns extra.

Now the real question, has anyone figured out what to do to make dwarves more cavalry proof in the open? :lol:

Return to The Round Table