New Battle Reports

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

New Battle Reports

Postby eldallone » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I suggest two improvements at the new Battle Report:

1) The Damage "Pie Circle" should be indexed to the best troop for that phase currently available at the cenario, and not all units available at Almansur. This way players will have a better notion of each type of troops at all phases.

2) Like "Damage" and "Efficiency", "Total XP won" should also be represented as a "pie circle", where the all circle would represent max. available XP for each type of soldier (considering a max. order trained soldier) and the "green pies" would represent the effective XP won at the battle. For soldiers without any XP or not max. order trained the circle would have the same look like efficiency for "Heavy Cavalry" at plain terrain.

Re: New Battle Reports

Postby psantos » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Your 1st suggestion is a good idea. I will put it in our todo list.

The second is maybe not the best, because there are already too many pies in that report...

Thank you for the suggestions.

Postby eldallone » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm

psantos wrote:The second is maybe not the best, because there are already too many pies in that report...

Between a raw number hard to understand for most Almansur players and a pie circle where all players can easy understand how well their contingents are acquiring battle experience in comparison with the same soldiers max. order trained, if you are really trying to find ways to make the game more easy to understand and play, maybe having one more set of pies at the battle reports instead of a set of raw decimal numbers would be much better.

If your you pie is above 100% it means that you are not max. training your soldiers before using them to fight, if your pie is very low it means that you need to add fresh soldiers otherwise you are just wasting battle experience because your soldiers are already near the max. cap experience.

At the above paragraph you have a short explanation to the pie, I challenge you to explain the raw number in a manner easy to understand by any player...

And I will finish with the argument of coherence, if you use pies to illustrate in a easy way contingents somehow "efficiency" it doesn't make much sense to use a different approach to illustrate experience gains! ;)

Postby eldallone » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:36 pm

But if you don't like to have one more"pie circle", using a "color circle" like those used to represent "Loyalty" and "Stability" at the territories interface would also be illustrative and easy to understand.

Return to The Round Table