Conquest fo fortesses

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Conquest fo fortesses

Postby Herman Von Salza » Fri May 18, 2012 1:15 am

I sent my army to conquer a neutral fortress. My army is over 2000 people. Yet They did not conquer it nor did they even attack it. Whats the problem? Is there another order I should be using instead of conquest? Now the army is already stationed in that territory but they just stand around the fortress and I cant seem to convince them to actually besiege the place.

Same thing happened in the tutorial. So what's the problem here? I am sure I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what.

Re: Conquest fo fortesses

Postby psantos » Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm

When you order an army to conquer a fortress, they make one assault attempt.

You can check in Land -> Reports -> Military. In alternative if you double-click on your army name, the page there has all reports sent by the army. The assault is a special kind of battle between the attacking army and the garrison. Because the garrison has advantages, the attack usually fails the first times.

This is why it is necessary to give several "conquer" order in a row (maybe 5 or 6). This means the army will try several assaults during the turn (one every couple of days) and wear off the defenders until it can enter the fortress.

Please note that one must be careful. If the fortress is well-defended, you may kill all your army at the walls...

BTW, a maximum of (1500 + Fortress level) men can attack the fortress in each assault. So, for instance, a 3000-4000 men army is a good army to conquer medium defended level 1 fortresses. Even with casualties of 250-500 men it can make 3 to 5 assaults at full force.

Postby Herman Von Salza » Fri May 25, 2012 4:19 am

Thanks. Have managed to capture the fortress using the info from here. On the 4th attempt I think.

Postby Herman Von Salza » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 pm

By the way you guys can delete the thread. It may contain some information for people who run into the same problem, but the reason why I run into the problem in the first place is some hazy information in the English version of the Wikipedia of the game. There are still plenty oh holes in it, so rather than keeping this thread it may be more productive to just update the wiki.

Postby psantos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Our wiki suffered a hacker attack and never fully recovered :( . The multilanguage support was not recoverable (according to the IT guys) and some pages were lost.

Can you give me the address where you saw erroneous information?

Thanks you.

Postby Herman Von Salza » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:54 am

The details of the various races are not in english. I dont mean the statistics though the descriptions. I do think there should be someone who looks at the wiki and can edit it and add to it when necessary. But I am not going to volunteer as I have just started a PhD and will have plenty of writing to do. I think...

Postby psantos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Ok, that one was relatively easy :)

I restored the original English language page. Thank you for calling my attention to that.

Postby Herman Von Salza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 am

Is there a section of the wiki which gives a bit more of a description of what can be built by each race? If there is I am missing it. Though there is information that some facilities can only be built by orks or dwarves. But planning to play a fantasy game you would also want to know if for example barbarians can build fortresses and roads, and if yes what levels, so you can compare the advantages of the different armies.

Ps: I placed it here because we were already talking about wiki in here. But maybe this thread should be renamed as the fortress question was resolved already.

Return to The Round Table