Friends in the same game?

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Re: Friends in the same game?

Postby Herman Von Salza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 am

Hi, its been a few months and I am still curious about the possibility of playing a game (fantasy) starting out close to your friends. Can we get this running in the game? if not by choosing the land like in historical scenarios then maybe by getting the game to slot players into places in order, so if you start at almost the same time you are likely to get placed next to each other.

I would offer to design a scenario map for fantasy but with a Phd going on "the back burner" it would be a silly idea for me to spend many hours trying to do it now. Unless of course you guys have some fairly easy to use map design program...? Because the complete randomness in fantasy scenarios is interesting but often results in lack of motivation for players.

Postby psantos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

We have several pre-made fantasy scenarios. Those work for selection like the historical ones.

For instance "Land of the Six" is one of those scenarios. Are you talking of a larger scenario?
We can create one of those. How many lands would you like?

Postby Herman Von Salza » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:59 am

Something bigger I guess, at least as big as the Hispania map, preferably a bit bigger. I enjoyed the war of thrones, its only the selection process I wasnt so keen on. That and the unrealistic landscape resulting from each piece being added onto a random bit of the map made up of the lands of that race.

Postby psantos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 pm

We have several very big hand-made scenarios, with around 50-100 lands, that were used before the automatic map generation was implemented.

We now can generate a fixed scenario for a specific number and type of Lands. The land choice is as in the historical scenarios, but the physical aspect will be similar to the dynamic games, because the algorithm is similar.

Anyway, if you are interested, you can also make a scenario ;) . Basically you just fill a couple of csv files...

Previous

Return to The Round Table