Question: Conquering Territories

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Question: Conquering Territories

Postby Zulluh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 am

Greetings,

I searched for this info around the forum and wiki and didn't find it, so I believe its worth asking anyways.

I would really like to know what is the formula, or at least if you could teach the players how to calculate the amount of time needed for a single territory to be conquered.

I know it has something to do with population number on said territory, my army power or army number, the racial differences...

I don't know if you can give this info, but I believe an estimation would be really nice to have. Like Sun Tzu once said:

"The general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat"

And I love calculations! :D

Thank you for your time...

Much regards, Zulluh.

Re: Question: Conquering Territories

Postby Herman Von Salza » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:49 am

As far as I know the general calculation is very simple: Divide the population of the territory by the number of your army. Ie 1000 soldiers will conquer a territory with 15 000 people in 15 days. An army with 500 soldiers will do it in 30 days. If the time is very long they will abandon the conquest. I am not sure how long it is but I generally try to avoid conquests over 30 days. I have done 60 days (two turns) sometimes, but too many things can go wrong with long conquests.

Different types of troops have different valueas and I think the terrain type also counts, I am not sure about those values. I generally treat all army units as 1 per soldier. And Militia is much weaker at 0.2 per soldier. So 5000 militia only do as well as 1000 soldiers.

Postby Zulluh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 am

Thx man, that was helpful.

Postby psantos » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 pm

The Loyalty of the population multiplies the time needed to conquer a territory. The less loyal, the fastest the terrain will be conquered. That is why it can be easy to reconquer just-conquered territories with militia or a small army.

Return to The Round Table