Facilities

General conversation and discussion about the game, feedback and suggestions

Moderators: psantos, llandeiro

Facilities

Postby Herman Von Salza » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 am

There is some general information about most types in the wiki but it is not full. How effective are cities at lifting income in a territory? And the second question is roads, there is no information on roads. Do they affect only the speed of movement over the hex or do they improve the income in the territory as well? Also if I send a unit from point a to point b, which is a few hexes away, will they automatically choose the quickest road or just the shortest most direct? I am playing an Imperial land now for example. I have started to build up a very extensive network of roads, but I need to know if the troops will elect to use them on their own or will I have to give them precise directions on the route to take?

Re: Facilities

Postby Zulluh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 am

Regarding the army movement, and from what I have experienced, they will choose the shortest most direct. I didn't think about the economic point of view before, but I'll see about it when my next road finishes ;)

Postby psantos » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Each city level gives 5% tax bonus to the territory
Each road level gives 3% tax bonus to the territory

Road effects go much deeper though. Tax for all territories depends on efficiency, and efficiency is given by the distance to the land's capital. So, building a road in a territory will improve the economy of all territories that use that one to reach the capital.

Postby Herman Von Salza » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:21 pm

So the distance to the capital is calculated by shortest possible route there? Correct? I see how that would affect the income of the entire economy if roads are built. Could you fill in a bit more information about roads in the game wiki though? The percentages you just mentioned should be in the wiki as well as some indication of how much roads speed up troop movement.

Postby psantos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:21 pm

I have revised the wiki page on Facilities. Thanks for calling my attention to this.

Return to The Round Table